January 14, 2012

Annnnd, We're Back!

We're Back!

After 2 years off, I'm finally back at the Blog. There are many reasons for my leaving, but 2012 is a year of change for me and the business, and part of that is renewing the Blog.

January is always a month of renewal, reflection and re-evaluation for me. Last year brought so many changes - some good, some not so good. Up here in Michigan's upper peninsula, we have LOTS of time to just sit by the fire and think or contemplate. Days are short and the snow fall keeps me close to home much of the time. I'm normally doing course work during the winter. But I figure at this point, I really have enough letters behind my name to give me some credibility, so I want to focus on other things.

If you're anything like me, you usually make "New Year's Resolutions" or goals at this time of year. I think everyone does that to some degree. Something about a brand new year, a fresh slate makes me want to do that thing I love - PLANNING!

So what are your plans this year? Lose weight? (I think every woman puts that on her list!) Get healthier? (a GREAT goal!) Learn something new? Well, this year, I'd like to help you do those things and more. I will be concentrating on health more than anything this year.

As I look around and at my own life, folks are just not as strong and healthy. It seems in spite of all the information available to us, we are becoming heavier, more fatigued, have more ailments than in years past. There are several reasons for this, and we'll be exploring them as the year goes on. But for me, the number one culprit has to be food. The more labels I read, the more I find that there is an awful lot of garbage out there and consequently, many of us are becoming the human equivalent of toxic waste dumps. It seems more than ever, we are being bombarded by chemicals and preservatives and it seems "no place is safe". I'll also be sharing some links for those of you who love to do your own research.

Lastly, I will continue to answer any and all questions sent to me. I so appreciate those who read the blog and send questions, so keep doing that. If I get enough of the same questions, I will devote blogs to those issues as they come up.

So, I just wanted to give a little introduction and game plan for the coming year. I hope you'll join me and share your thoughts, insights and concerns so we can all learn and grow from one another.

Be Well! (Valere!)

No comments: